01. If you'd like, comment to this entry saying 'ICONS!' and I will pick 6 of your icons.
02. Make an entry in your own journal and talk about the icons I picked!
Her choices and my explanations are
1. My oldest "shippy" icon. Methos and Alexa, from Highlander...the world's oldest man, in love with a woman who has an incurable disease; they're inseparable and affectioinately fond of one another. This icon I use mostly for friendship, both mild and strong. Two of my favorite Highlander quotes come from this episode:
"She's dying," Joe said.
"I know she's dying, Joe," Methos said, "you are all dying. Twenty years, six months, what's the difference?"
"Because the alternative would be unthinkable."
2. Jo Lupo, from Eureka. For three seasons now, Jo has been the biggest (and at times the only) reason I cared about this show. I use this icon for laughter (because that's what she's doing in that scene), though sometimes for sadness (imho, that posture is also used for crying, right?)
3. Alice Chen and Colby Granger from Numb3rs. If you know me from that fandom, you may have heard me praise this pairing once or twice. I think these two interacted well, and are a worthy ship. ALSO, she's portrayed by Kelly Hu!
(who was in such films as The Scorpion King, X-Men 2, and tv shows like Phineas & Pherb)
4. Niobe, from Rome. (you might also recognize her from Torchwood). This is one I tend to use for "wtf?" and "what did you say?" and "what does that mean?" (and other emotions). Imho, Niobe got the short end of the stick, even in season 1 of Rome...and when my uncle spoiled me on what happens to her in s2, I was afraid to see any more episodes.
5. I was nominated by the nice kind folks who run the Numb3rs Awards, and that comm said we could use one of the "I was nominated" icons...so I did.
6. Parker, from Leverage. This icon was made by Sapphire Smoke. In ep 2, when asked what she did with her share of the riches from the pilot episode, Parker says "I don't like stuff, I like money" - and, give the writers credit, they've not thrown Parker through any unexplained changes in behavior. That and she's a lot like me, which is a part of why I like her so much.
(and why I made her Amita's adopted sister in a Numb3rs fic & drabbles once)