Leave me a comment saying "Resistance is Futile."
I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can satisfy my curiosity.
Update your journal with the answers to the questions.
Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions.
I'm adding one change: I'll ask six questions, of which you pick five of them to answer.
>1. Do you speak any other languages besides English? If not (or even if yes) what languages do you wish you spoke?
1. I speak varying levels of US- and UK-English*, moderate amounts of Turkish (the Republic, none of the other Turkic states), and a smattering of Yiddish and Spanish.
* = I can reply to a person with the same rhythym and accent if they use a full sentance - like at the Irish-theme restaurant the other day, one waitress had an Irish accent, the other had a deep Deep South accent...and I didn't realize I was using their accent until I was in the middle of replying - Irish accent to the Irish girl, Southern accent to the Southern girl.
>2. What's the one pop culture phenomenon you can just not fathom at all?
2. Does "real person fic" count as pop culture phenomenon?
(I mean I can understand if someone's writing historical fiction - something about Salah Al Din or Gaius Julius Caesar, for example - or fanfic in a historically-themed show/movie)
>3. You're stuck on a desert island with one celebrity, dead or alive, who do you wish it was?
3. Anyone interesting enough for me to want to be stranded with, I wouldn't know what to say.
>4. The current show(s) you can't bear to miss an episode of?
4. It's hard to say - most of my currently-on-air shows are as much habit as anything else (if Lie to Me is on, I know its Monday)...and Lie to Me (and Nova ScienceNow) are the things I'd set my DVR to tape if I'm leaving.
>5. What was your favourite kiddie show when you were little?
5. I'm going to have to ask my parents about that one.